– April 2021: Support was added for the changes to the Huawei data format.
– October 2020: Huawei enforced a password on the requested ZIP data. The web app will not work with these encrypted ZIP files. The conversion procedure has been adapted to manually extract the activities data from the ZIP file for now.
Hitrava Web converts your health activities registered using a Honor or Huawei activity tracker or smart watch in the Huawei Health app into a file format that can be directly uploaded to Strava.
Graphical user interface GUIDES you through the conversion steps
- File browser to open the Huawei ZIP file.
- List visualization with activity details per month and per day.
- Easy selection of activities to convert.
- By month.
- By day.
- List overview of converted activities.
- File browser to save the converted activities to a new ZIP file.
- Converted TCX files for upload to Strava.
- Original Huawei JSON files.
LOCAL CONVERSION IN YOUR BROWSER
Your data is converted locally on the system where you run Hitrava Web. Your data isn’t sent over nor stored on the internet.
Recognizes and converts POPULAR activity types
- Running: both outdoor and indoor running (treadmill run)
- Cycling: both outdoor and indoor cycling
- Swimming: both pool swimming and open water swimming
- Hiking: both regular hiking and mountain hiking
- Cross Trainer (Elliptical)
converts with the details you need in strava
Depending on the activity type and provided data from your fitness device, the conversion will contain:
- GPS track
- Calorie consumption
- Heart rate
Works with your Honor or Huawei fitness device
Conversion is done using the centralized data from the Huawei Health app. In principle, data from any recent Huawei or Honor smart watch or fitness band should be supported, if you see the data in Huawei Health, e.g.
- Huawei smart watches: e.g. Huawei Watch GT2
- Huawei fitness bands: e.g. Huawei Band 4, Huawei Band 4 Pro
- Honor smart watches: e.g. Honor MagicWatch 2
- Honor fitness bands: e.g. Honor Band 4, Honor Band 5
How to convert your health activities
Step 1 – Request your data in the Huawei Health app
- On your phone, open the Huawei Health app.
- Tap the ‘Me’ button in the lower right-hand corner of the main screen.
- Now tap on your account name on top of the screen.
- Tap on ‘Privacy Center’.
- Tap ‘Request Your Data’.
- Select ‘Health’ from the list and confirm your selection
- You will be obligated to enter a password to encrypt the requested data with. You will need this password later in step 2 below.
- Follow any further the in-app instructions.
- Wait for the mail from Huawei to arrive with a link to download the data (ZIP file).
Step 2 – Download and extract your requested data
- In the mail from Huawei, click on the link to download your data and follow the instructions.
- Open the downloaded Huawei Health ZIP file with a ZIP tool that supports the used encryption method (7-Zip is free and recommended, you can download it here).
- Extract the following file from the ZIP file using your password from step 1 above:
Motion path detail data & description\motion path detail data.json
Step 3 – Convert your data with Hitrava Web
Use the extracted motion path detail data.json file from the previous step in the web app to convert your activities data.
How to upload your health activities to Strava
- Open the ZIP file with the converted activities from Hitrava Web.
- Extract the files with the .tcx extension.
- Go to the Upload and Sync Your Activities page on Strava.
- Log in with your Strava account.
- Once logged in, use the ‘Browse…’ button on the page and select the converted TCX files (with the .tcx extension, up to 25 at once) to upload.